The first weekend I forgot to blog about...
On April 18th Kevin and I drove down to Austin to watch my dad finish his 8th MS 150 bike race! I still can't believe that after all these years he is able to do this race and I couldn't be more proud of him! Its truly amazing the amount of people that participate in this and the amount of money they raise for Multiple Sclerosis. Its been 15 years since he last participated in the race, yet he made his best time!!!
The second weekend I forgot to blog about...
The following weekend Kevin and I packed kids (by kids I mean our furry little friends of course!) and we were on our way to Houston. Wedding season has officially begun! That Saturday I went to 2 bridal showers with Kevin's mum and sister! It was fun to be able to sit back and see all the fun things they both got. I can't believe how long ago my showers were. Seems like it was yesterday.
After the day full of showers we met up with the guys and my parents and went to an amazing restaurant downtown. Its always a fun dinner when you can get the Baethges and McFarlanes together!
The third weekend I forgot to blog about...
Kevin and I always love when we get a weekend to just relax. It felt like every weekend leading up to the wedding we were so busy, and that didn't change too much after we got married. So we soaked up every minute of just having time to ourselves! The weather was so nice so we spent some time on the patio at this new favorite restaurant we found.
Then I quickly put him to work to do a few DIY projects for me!! It amazing what a little bit of paint can do! Before our patio furniture was dark green/rusty and now I love the update! I am sooo ready for summer to get here.
The fourth weekend...
Okay now I'm up to date! This past weekend was so much fun. Kevin's dad came in town on Wednesday night and they both went to a big dental convention together on Thursday and Friday. I know Kevin loved being able to do "dental" type things with his dad. On Saturday we packed up the boat and headed out to the lake with his dad and a few friends. Of course, the weather has been beautiful lately, and the day we go to the lake, it was cloudy and windy! My first try at water skiing wasn't too pretty, but I'm going to go ahead and blame it on the freezing cold water, wind, and choppy waters.
.. and this is how I look skiing!
Alright well there we go. I'm all caught up on what the newlyweds have been up to lately! I really want to get better at this because lots of things are going to be changing for us soon! We have so many exciting things to look forward to... but I'll blog about that later!






You're patio furniture turned out great.. love that color!
ReplyDeleteI love it! It's hard to get into the blogging habit. Every day I think "I should blog about this or that" and then never do!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad about slacking on the blog thing... it gets even harder once little one enters your life! You're doing great- I love being able to keep up with you guys! Oh and... I can't stop laughing at your water skiing pic! LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete