Thursday, May 27, 2010

On to the next chapter...

With Kevin getting accepted to dental school in Houston and my job offer coming so quickly, things have sort of felt like a world wind. I had never "quit" a job before so you can only imagine how awkward I was when I had the meeting with my boss to turn in my 2 weeks notice. Of course, only having worked there for 3 months didn't help the situation either! Thankfully, despite my awkwardness, everything worked out fine! I just hope they find someone soon to fill my position so that my wonderful coworker doesn't drowned in our huge caseload that we had! 

Lauren, the other speech pathologist that I worked with. She is wonderful and hardworking, I am obviously just very ADD when it comes to doing our charting! 

So...... last Friday was my last day to be a little speech pathologist at St. Lukes! The whole situation was bittersweet to say the least. On one hand, I am over the moon excited to start my new job in Houston and get to work with the population of patients that I love. On the other hand, I had to leave the hubs 2 weeks early while he finishes classes in San Antonio. Its not exactly the ideal situation since we are still in the "giddy, super excited, going into the 3rd month of being married" stage, but everything has been fine. ......... **warning... mushy moment coming up....warning**.... I just keep reminding myself how lucky I am to have such a great and determined husband, healthy family, and very happy pug and kitty! 

Farewell my little speech office! I will miss you!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! literally laughing out loud that you included a "waarning." im so excited for all these incredible opportunities in yalls life! and selfishly, im really excited they have brought yall back to houston! hoping to see you soon twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Houston has missed you both and is gaining back a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete